Skip to main content

LOVE WINS

As I was driving home last week my mind told me I finally had energy to put into living. I had this moment of complete joy. Then, almost instantly, guilt pushed into my mind. Grief is a wicked beast. 

I drove down the road contemplating the battling emotions. I decided love must win; but, love only wins when we work at it.  
Love must be coached out of and in to us.  We must be thoughtful about love.  
Love is a powerful thing... and yet it's fragile, not to be toyed with or taken lightly.  
Love is a treasure that becomes more valued with time; each little nick and tear, each loss and each new beginning makes us need and want love even more. We are desperate for love. 
Love is the antidote to sorrows, but it can be a fickle thing, and we are leery of its power, uncomfortable with the prerequisites for accepting it's healing. 
Love is healing, but we fear it, shy from it and close our minds to its power. Being open to love means we will be exposed to grief and sorrow. But love is more powerful than sorrow and grief. 
Open the door to love. Invite love into your life. 
Love will feed you. 

Love wins when we:
pray 
cry with those who mourn
think
walk in the early morning light
send a birthday card
meditate
speak with compassion
hold hands
listen with an open heart
share time with a friend 
talk to a stranger
smile at each other
share fresh flowers
break bread together
acknowledge another's pain
laugh out loud
watch the sunset...
invite love.💗

© mwlambeth

Sunrise at Macchupicchu 
© 2018




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shrines

People have amassed shrines for years.   In Prague there is a wall dedicated to John Lennon; flowers and photos adorn the gates of Princess Diana’s home in London; an eternal flame shines for the unknown soldier; Shinto shrines celebrate wind, rain, mountains, trees and rivers; we bury our dead and mark the grave with a headstone….we want a marker of those things valuable and important to us.   That is how we feel about our dead children; we don’t want our children to be forgotten, we must remember them, others must remember them.   My son's boots are my shrine to him.   His boots are the only thing left from his accident.   They sit there, worn but whole, and I see him, I think of him, I remember him, I love him.   His boots do that for me….they create an instant recall of him, his person, his character, his life. Don’t tell me to put the boots away, don’t tell me that is it unhealthy to hold on to things that recall his memory…it is...

Hunger

There is a vast void in my heart right now; just emptiness.  I can't seem to collect my thoughts or make sense of much of anything.  I don't have any desires, no wishes, no hopes, just a body devoid of life.  It's like when you open the refrigerator and it's full of food and there is nothing in there you want to eat, so you shut the door and walk away yearning for something to satiate your hunger.  I'm hungry and I know there is plenty of food out there to ease my hunger, but I don't want any of it. Yes, at times I can laugh and smile at things in life and I believe it is essential to embrace this life for what it is....embrace those you love, laugh with those who entertain you, cry with those who need comfort, and dance with those who celebrate. It hurts to embrace it, but it also comforts, it is the ultimate paradox.  I receive comfort from helping others who are experiencing pain or grief, there is something palatable about being able to empathyze...

It's that moon again

I left work today around 5:30 and as I walked outside the moon was sitting in the sky. There it was, telling me hello, telling me "I'm OK Mom." It was my sign, my little miracle moment; in that instant I knew Wyatt was with me.  We have to listen for those miracle moments. Sometimes they don't speak as loudly as others. There is not always a billboard saying,  "Hey, I'm here!  Hello!" But today, the moon told me, without question that Wyatt was good, Wyatt was telling me he was OK, telling me that he loved me, telling me that all was good. I need that today, and as usual, Wyatt was there for me. My little miracle moment.